Training can commence at any time of the year for the following qualifications in any rural, remote or metropolitan early childhood education and care service or school age education and care service in NSW. This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
New Entrant & Existing Worker Traineeships
Click on the qualification below for further information.
BSB30120 Certificate III in Business
BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business
BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
Traineeships are an excellent way for someone to commence an early childhood career. Many services take on a trainee each year to bring new staff into their centres and provide career opportunities for those wanting to enter the sector. Traineeship courses give educators an opportunity to pass on their knowledge and skills which they have gained from years of experience working with children. The Australian government also provides financial incentives to assist with the cost of employing a trainee. View the Australian Government’s Incentives Information here.
Training is provided via distance education with support and assessment visits in the workplace. At ECTARC we pride ourselves on the high level of support we provide to our trainees. Our trainees receive:
- 24/7 access to online training and student portals (providing supplementary resources, a Trainer messaging service, facility to upload assessments, assessment results etc) so trainees are able to complete their studies at the service and home.
- Guarantee of an ECTARC Training and Development Officer to speak to at all times during business hours, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and Tuesday nights until 7pm,
- Email access to their personal ECTARC Training and Development Officer.
Directors, Nominated Supervisors and/or employers are supported and regularly updated throughout the traineeship on the progress of their trainee.
ECTARC has over 20 years experience of delivering traineeships and has won numerous awards that recognise the high quality training we provide.
- Owners/Directors contact their local Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (Apprenticeship Network). Find your local centre at https://www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au to discuss the requirements of taking on a trainee and information on the financial incentives available. The Owner/Director tells the Apprenticeship Network office that they want ECTARC to be the training provider.
- Owner/Directors employ a trainee.
- An ECTARC Training and Development Officer will conduct the sign up of the trainee and conduct the first study session via live webinar. In the study session the ECTARC Training and Development Officer will explain the training plan, provide access to the learning materials and how to undertake and submit assessments.
- Training takes place both on and off the job. Trainees are provided with learning materials and assessment tasks that give them the opportunity to study at a service or from home. Employers give trainees time off the floor each week to complete learning materials. A qualified educator/Teacher from the service takes on the role as the trainee’s Workplace Supervisor. The Workplace Supervisor provides support and advice to the trainee throughout the program.
- ECTARC provides support to the trainee and employer through contact visits to the centre throughout the traineeship and via regular telephone communications. Every month a progression letter is sent to the Director to clearly communicate how the trainee or apprentice is progressing with their studies.
Download the NSW Traineeship Handbook for information on traineeships. ECTARC trainees are encouraged to read the NSW Traineeship Handbook prior to commencement and refer to it throughout their studies.
The NSW Government is investing the additional funding over five years to cover the qualification fees for 70,000 trainees starting their traineeship qualification from 1 January 2020. The NSW Government’s Fee Free Traineeship initiative will save new entrant trainees, including school-based trainees, or their employers from having to pay up to $1,000 for training costs per trainee.
All students must complete the first aid Statement of Attainment HLTAID012 Provide first aid in an education and care setting with an external registered training organisation at their own expense but this fee will be reimbursed by ECTARC up to the amount of $160. A copy of the invoice and a Statement of Attainment must be forwarded to ECTARC before the completion of the course. Credit will be given for this unit. To find an external training provider please click here training.gov.au or speak to your ECTARC Training and Development Officer.
- Reimbursement will only be paid if the First Aid course has been completed after the ECTARC sign up date and in the term of the traineeship.
- First aid certificates expire every 3 years. If your first aid certificate expires during the term of your traineeship you will be required to complete the unit with an external training provider.
Important Information: Please read the following attachment in regards to first aid changes.
SMART AND SKILLED
ECTARC has been awarded Smart and Skilled contracts to deliver traineeships throughout NSW. To enrol your educator in a traineeship course please call Natalie Fernandes on 02 4223 1111 or email Natalie@ectarc.com.au For more information on Smart and Skilled see below.
SMART & SKILLED HOTLINE NUMBER IS 1300 772 104
SMART & SKILLED WEBSITE IS: www.smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au
The NSW government have made reforms to the NSW Vocational Education and Training system and have advised Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) to inform all students and employers about changes that will be implemented as of 1st January 2015. All trainees (new and continuing) and other students studying under government funded programs will be required to train under the new reform ‘Smart and Skilled’. This will mean a change in fee structure and subsidies available to our new and existing students from this given date.
The NSW government has implemented a new set of fee arrangements for students which will be consistently implemented by all RTOs. This will affect the fees that students continuing (existing NSW trainees) into 2015 will be charged. These fees will be calculated on an individual basis – not an annual or semester fee as previously charged. The government has prepared a formula and this will be used to calculate the fee. The number of hours (based on each unit’s nominal hours) that each student has yet to complete will be used to determine the fee. This new fee structure may mean an increase in fees for our continuing students in 2015.
Training Services NSW (the Government Department implementing these reforms) has a variety of links for both employers and students on their website. The following link will take you to a page with a range of information and fact sheets https://www.training.nsw.gov.au/smartandskilled and we encourage you to take the time to read this information to ensure that you aware of the changes occurring.
ECTARC Training and Development Officers will be there to support students and employers throughout this transition. Please call 02 4223 1111 or email email@example.com if you would like to discuss the reforms.
All traineeship enquiries can be directed to
Natalie Fernandes, Manager – Funded Programs
Phone: 02 4223 1111
Sign up to ECTARC Email Updates
If you would like to be the first to know about the latest in funded training programs, webinars and training opportunities please sign up for the ECTARC Email Updates click here.