Originally known as Illawarra Area Child Care (IACC) our organisation was incorporated in October 1985 and have a proud history of providing optimum education and training services.
A decision was made by the Board to rebrand as ECTARC from February 2020, bringing together the organisations early education and training services under one name. Previously the name ECTARC had been linked to our nationally registered training organisation.
ECTARC is a community owned, not for profit organisation that has successfully managed education and care services in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven for over 34 years. In 1998, ECTARC established a Registered Training Organisation that for over 20 years has specialised in the delivery of early childhood training and professional development across Australia.
ECTARC is managed by a voluntary Board of management comprised of parent representatives from ECTARC services and the local community.
Our specialist early childhood knowledge, extensive experience in the sector and commitment to early education and care for children, families students and staff is why we are a respected leader across the communities we work in.
Our service offerings include:
- 11 Early Education and Care Centres
- A registered training organisation (RTO # 90331) that delivers nationally recognised qualifications in Early Childhood and School Aged Education and Care
- A professional development program that includes webinars and face to face workshops, customised in-service training
- Consultancy to the Early Childhood Education and Care sector
ECTARC has a vision of enriching the futures of the children, families, students and communities we work in.
- Quality early learning and education
- Respect and diversity
- Ethical practice
- Collaborative relationships
- Innovation and sustainability