Munch & Move Healthy Menu Planning Online
The Munch & Move program offers free online training on healthy menu planning for services cooks and leaders in NSW early childhood education and care (ECEC) services. The training is also suitable for service leaders involved in menu planning.
The two-part live webinar series is based on the NSW Health’s Caring for Children: Birth to 5 years (Food, Nutrition and Learning Experiences) resource and cover the following topics:
- Why healthy eating is important for children
- The Australian Dietary Guidelines for children aged 0 to 5 years old
- The ECEC services requirements under the National Quality Framework
- Planning menus based on the Caring for Children guidelines – including quantities of food to offer
- Modifying recipes to make them healthier
- Reading and understanding food labels
- Managing challenges such as food costs, fussy eaters, food intolerances and allergies
The training will be delivered by ECTARC.
- This course is primarily designed for service cooks
- A director or service leader involved in menu planning is encouraged to attend to support service cooks to implement healthy menu changes.
- This course is only available to NSW centre-based services that provide main meals. To register, services must be trained in the Munch & Move program. To find out more about the Munch & Move program, including information how to register for the free Munch & Move program training please visit the Munch & Move website.
- Family Day Care services are not eligible to attend the webinars.
- A maximum of two participants per service can attend.
- To receive a Statement of Participation, both webinars must be completed.
- You will require a computer with internet access and a set of headphones to participate in the online webinars. It is a simple process to log on to the webinar system – instructions will be emailed to you once your expression of interest is approved.