Munch & Move Healthy Menu Planning Online
The Munch & Move program offers free online training on healthy menu planning for services cooks and leaders in NSW early childhood education and care (ECEC) services.
This two-part live webinar series is based on the NSW Health’s Caring for Children: Birth to 5 years (Food, Nutrition and Learning Experiences) resource and cover the following topics:
- Why healthy eating is important for children
- The Australian Dietary Guidelines for children aged 0 to 5 years old
- The ECEC services requirements under the National Quality Framework
- Planning menus based on the Caring for Children guidelines – including quantities of food to offer
- Modifying recipes to make them healthier
- Reading and understanding food labels
- Managing challenges such as food costs, fussy eaters, food intolerances and allergies
The training will be delivered by ECTARC.
- This training is only available to cooks and Directors/Nominated Supervisors/educators in a leadership role working in centre-based services trained in the Munch & Move program who provide meals/food to children in care. A maximum of two participants per service can attend.
- For a Director/Nominated supervisor to attend, their service cook needs to have completed or be in the process of completing Munch & Move Healthy Menu Planning Online.
- To receive a Statement of Participation, both webinars must be completed.
- You will require a computer with internet access and a set of headphones to participate in the online webinars. It is a simple process to log on to the webinar system – instructions will be emailed to you once your expression of interest is approved.
To find out more about the Munch & Move program, including information how to register for the free Munch & Move program training, please visit the Munch & Move website.